In the past, my lack of posting would be a combination of work, too busy, family time, and a lack of progress on the weight loss front. I am happy to report this month, that this is not the case! Even in my silence, even with work coming out of my ears, a sick baby, and a weekend away I have been relatively good. I sneak in exercise when I can (although, not as much as I would like) and I have been eating mostly healthy, nutritious meals.
In this first month of being back again, I have lost 12lbs. (Starting Weight: 337, currently 325)
My month in review is really a list of things I am the most proud of myself for this month....
- I am proud that I was successful, despite the obstacles in my path.
- I am proud that I didn't cave into cravings and waited them out until they were gone. (That darn cheesesteak craving has been intense for 4 weeks now and it still hasn't gone away... I might have to cave in on that one this weekend. But will make it work in my calories for the day.)
- I am proud that even when I felt like I couldn't/didn't want to, I did. (Making dinner after a 14 hour day instead of ordering pizza or going through drive thru was a major moment for me this month.)
- I am proud that I didn't slip back into old patterns after a weekend of mistakes. Instead I started new and moved on.
- I am still trying to work out daily, but if I can get at least 3 days under my belt I would be happy.
- I want to keep a fruit bowl or veggie tray at my office for snacking. It will help combat the snack attack I get on those long days in front of my computer creating reports and analysis. My desk snacks are almost gone and I realized they were not very filling. (Pop chips, 100 calories packs of nuts and granola bars.)
- I want to keep a few pre-made salads in my fridge at work for late nights at the office. Trader Joe's has a few that I can try.
- I still hate yogurt, but want to try it again. I think it is another quick and easy breakfast item/snack that will help me at work too.
- I need to drink more water. I started out great at the beginning of January, but as I got busier during the month, my drinking slowed way down.
I hope you are all doing well. I plan on getting online and catching up on your blogs over the weekend. :)