Background - Hotdiggityblog

Friday, January 13, 2012

sicky poo

I woke up on Wednesday officially sick.  I had been fighting a cold for several weeks, and I thought I had finally out run the little stinker, but my husband got sick last weekend and apparently infected us all.  Now, my husband is back at work and feeling better and my daughter, my mother and I are home dying together.

I haven't been able to work out since I got sick, and trying to get rest instead.  I haven't been tracking either, which is a no, no, but I know I was going over calories just based on the orange juice consumption alone.  I am one of those sickies who drink a gallon of OJ after they get sick.  I guess if I was drinking it all along, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

I also noticed that I crave comfort food and snacks more than ever when I am sick.  Especially ice cream, puddings, etc. since they are creamy and don't irritate my sore throat.  I have had a portion controlled bit of those things and they haven't been meal replacements, thank goodness!  I am still portioning out my foods, and have been drinking a ton of water, herb tea with honey, etc. 

I still weigh in everyday and my weight as of today is 330.9.  So at least I am not going up, without the exercise.  I actually miss moving my body around and look forward to getting back to business. 

Hope you are all well and taking your vitamins!

3 comments:

  1. Rats! That's no fun. I am getting a sinus infection so I had to buy some Mucinex. Hope it helps.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been taking my vitamins. I was sick 3 times last fall and that was enough for me for a long time. I too crave comfort food when I am sick. Anything warm, cheesey, creamy and gooey. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting on my blog. I lost all my blog links at one point, and yours was one of them.

    ReplyDelete