Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year... A New Promise To Myself

Yes, I am back again.  New year, same resolutions.  Staying true to form, I am going to make a grand declaration of how I am re-committing myself to a healthy lifestyle.  I am going to reinforce that I want to see significant changes with my body by my birthday 12/12/12. 

While my overall goal is to still lose 135 lbs by 12/12/12, I am pretty sure that is unrealistic considering the time line, but not impossible.  I will not be focusing on that number however.  I am going to break it down into mini goals, with the first one being 10% of my body weight.


How will I do this?
  • My WI will be Tuesdays.  (Starting tomorrow January 3, 2012) 
  • I will be going back to Slimmons 3 days per week (I was at my best in 2011 when I was going all three days)
  • Off Slimmons days I will be walking or working out at home with one of my many dvd's or hitting the gym at work. 
  • I am going to log my food in sparkpeople and increase my fiber.
  • I am going to wear my bodybugg and make sure I make my 10,000 steps and hit my calorie burn for the day.
 It seems so simple, but was really hard for me last year.  I am going to learn from my mistakes in 2011, and really navigate this plan the right way.  I have all the tools, I have support, I just need to have my act together enough to implement.  I can do this.  I want to do this.  I need to do this!

Thanks for sticking by me this past year.  I know you must be sick of my I am going to do it posts, and then my follow up I am failing posts, but I have a feeling this year will be different.  Thanks for your continued support and motivation.

6 comments:

  1. It is really hard but we can all support each other. I love to connect, and re-connect with people here who I've known from the start. it really matters to me that they succeed. It really matters to me that you succeed. I'm delighted to read your post and am looking forward to sharing the road with you
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel and what you mean and will gladly still be reading this year. And cheering you on and being there for the slip ups. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resolutions are only as solid as the person making them. be ready and willing to really DO IT this time. It will take some soul searching, some blood, sweat and tears but you CAN DO IT. Best wishes, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you, I know how hard it is so I think it is brilliant of you to lay it out and realise where you need to get a bit more support.
    Good for you!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goal is not so much unrealistic just a little unhealthy but put it this way if you lost 2 lbs a week every week for 12 months 12*4=48 48*2=96 which would leave you 39 lbs left to lose for the next year. That would be an amazing loss but any loss is a good loss so just be happy with whatever you accomplish. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are here to support you. Make sure you are giving yourself some "me" time in there. All work and no play will give you some burn-out.

    Here's to a successful 2012!

    ReplyDelete