Background - Hotdiggityblog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh no, not again!

In an effort to keep myself honest, with, well, myself, I am keeping up with my weekly weigh in's and posting the pictures here, no matter how good, bad or ugly.  Well, this week is an ugly one.  This picture is from my regularly scheduled Wednesday weigh in.  As usual, work trumped blog and I didn't have a chance to post yesterday.

Sorry, the picture is in the correct landscape position on my photo editor.  Not sure why they keep flipping when I post here.
So the results:  327.4 = Gain of 3.5 lbs.

It was another one of those drop everything and focus on work weeks.  I had several late nights at the office, not getting home until 10pm or later.  I also had the challenge of missing my husband and daughter over the weekend.  Daniel's step-grandmother passed away last Thursday and he took Holly up to a little town outside of San Jose for several days to spend time with the family and attend the services.  I couldn't go because of work.  So I spent the weekend catching up on some much needed sleep and spending the day at the office on Sunday.  Overall it was a terribly lonely, stressful and exhausting week.  I wasn't sleeping well due to the stress.  I wasn't eating well, as I was hitting drive-thru after drive-thru for breakfast and dinners.  (Which were all very late night dinners.)  I wasn't exercising, or drinking the water I needed to.  All in all, a really sucky week and the scale reflected it.

So, what I am I doing to get back on track?  Well, tonight I am planning on attending Slimmons for the first time in what feels like forever.  I need the exercise to get my mood to boost and hopefully, improve my sleeping.  Afterwards, I am going to have a much needed lady-date with Alexa and Heidi. 

Daniel and I have plans to walk after work on Friday night, and as Saturday starts the first weekend of October, we are making our monthly trip to Disneyland.  That should be a very active day.  I need the Disney boost too.  I really do have a complete change of attitude when I walk through those gates.  I might even request a special Sunday visit, but that might be pushing it.  I do have another commitment and Daniel has football watching planned with my mom.

So there you have it.  I am not proud, and it just proves that I am consistent with losing weight and quickly gaining it right back again a week or two later.  I know that I have the ability to make some positive changes and deal with the stress, eating late, etc. but I just didn't have the energy, or desire to do it.  I am hoping to get that mojo back this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment