Background - Hotdiggityblog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 4 - 6 with a Weigh In!

That crazy thing called life kept me from keeping up with the blog this week.  But not to worry, it was a stellar week, as documented by my scale.

As of this morning, I weighed in at 324.5, which is a 4.2lb loss from last week.  YES!!!  I was surprised to see such a high number because my total exercise count for last week was one session at Slimmons.  I did some running around doing errands and the usual Holly chase, which I suppose contributed :)  My goal last week was to start exercising at the new gym at work on my off Slimmons days.  Well, I was a bit naive  thinking that I could go to Slimmons at night, wake up a few hours later and do another workout first thing in the AM.  I tried, and I just can't do it. I am either way too tired or too sore.  I am going to have to stick to evening workouts.  Hopefully, the excitement of the gym will die down after work hours and I can get a cardio machine without having to wait forever.  This saga is to be continued.

Over the weekend, we did some light grocery shopping, but focused on getting our fridge cleaned up and using what we have on hand.  Here are a few of the veggies I prepped this week:


I started off cutting up one of my new favorites, Jicama.  I used this one veggie in three different ways this week.  1.)  Cut up into sticks for snacking.  It was a nice change up from the usual carrots, celery, squash combo.  

2.)  I added to the relish seen below that will be used to top my rice and chicken tonight and throughout the rest of the week.  In addition to the jicama, the relish was made up of the veggies that really needed to be used up before they went bad.  In the batch, I have a mix of cucumber, sweet peppers, radishes, onion and jicama.  I added the juice of one lime and a little salt and pepper.


3.)  I also cubed up my jicama and added it to the rest of the veggies that I roasted on Monday with our pork tenderloin.  Pictured below is a butternut squash, rutabagas and purple potatoes.  (Also roasted, but not pictured were onions and garlic.)  I tossed them all in 2 teaspoons of olive oil, added some garlic/herb seasoning mix and they were ready to roast.

Of course I don't have any pictures of the final products because meal time is crazy in our house and once Holly gets settled, everyone rushes to make their plates and eat before she decides she is finished.  One of these days though, I will get it together ;)  Baby steps, people.

So far, so good this week.  I hope you too are all  having a happy and healthy week.

5 comments:

  1. I like to dip jicama sticks in yogurt. Plain is great as well. I bet they would also be real good with some peanut butter on them. Mmmm jicama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4.2 lbs?!?! Way to go!!! I don't think I've ever seen a loss like that on my scale! Keep it up :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow well done! 4.2 lbs is amazing!

    ReplyDelete