Background - Hotdiggityblog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 3 - Slimmons Time!

Thursday or Thorsday as my nordic god/superhero loving husband would say, was by my standards fantastic. 

I started off my day eating a batch of steel cut oats that my husband had prepared on Sunday.  He made a little extra for me to try and I finally got around to it.  I added a splash of milk, because after 4 days in the fridge it looked a little stiff, and reheated in the microwave.  Afterward, I added 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, a handful of pomegranate craisins and a tablespoon of walnuts.  Let me tell you - Delish!  I like it a billion times better than the instant oatmeal packets.  By adding the dried fruit and nuts, it tasted similar to the perfect oatmeal I have been getting at Starbucks.  I ate it around 6:30 and it kept me full until 10:30 - 11am.  I should have packed a small snack to hold me till lunch, but I made it through.  DOUBLE THUMBS UP!  Daniel will have to make a couple extra servings for me to have during the week. 

Midday, I got over to the new building at work where the gym is located.  I did a quick tour and signed up.  I am an official member and will be working out there on Monday - Wednesday and Friday mornings.  The equipment is all new and state of the art.  As one of my colleagues said, they have tv's on the cardio equipment, so we can watch Cupcake Wars while we workout.  LOL!  They have a great shower and locker room facility and room for me to get dressed and ready for work.  I look forward to the new routine.

That evening, I got out of work at 5pm and made it to Slimmons with plenty of time to greet my friends and catch up on the happenings from the past few weeks.  This group of friends were a sight for sore eyes and the much needed comfort I have been seeking.  Having someone there in the trenches with you makes all the difference in the world.  Blogger friends are the best!!   

About a month ago after a sweaty work out.  Holly and I with Heidi, Finishing the Hat and Alexa, The Cuvy Nerd.
 The workout kicked my butt, but was great.  We had three of the people from TMZ show doing our class with us, which was good times.  Good to know they sweat as much as I do. 

Friday, will bring some eating out challenges (possibly lunch and dinner) and workout at the new gym.  Will let you know how it goes.

Happy a happy and healthy day :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you did have a great day yesterday! I love oatmeal and eat it almost every day in the fall-winter-early spring. I do not find the kind I use as filling though, so may try that steel cut variety. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out the secret to steel cut oats. They taste like wallpaper paste to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. slimmons? any relation to Richard himself, I love that man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oatmeal!! I use the packets when I'm running late for work, but definitely prefer to make my own. My favorite things to add to it are peanut butter and banana, or cooked apple slices with a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup and a little vanilla. Now that fall's coming, I plan on making it more!

    Sounds like you had an awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE oatmeal!

    You're rockin' it girl! :D

    ReplyDelete