Background - Hotdiggityblog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 2 - Keepin' On The Right Path

Wednesday started off with a challenge, but I made it work.  I got up to hit that new gym at work, but they didn't have anyone there at 6am who could register me, so they didn't let me in.  Instead of slumping off, I took the opportunity to walk the parking garage before it started filling up with cars and did a couple flights of stairs.  I didn't work up too much of a sweat, because I didn't have a place to shower and clean up.  (Thank you gym people.)  

Eats were good again.  I didn't write it down and track, but I made good choices.  I have salad coming out of my ears, but it has been extra tasty and a little different due to a new salad dressing I bought for the first time.  I am now obsessed with the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressings. (Danger, mini review alert.  I think this is my first one.  Bolthouse Farms did not ask me to write this review or compensated me in anyway.  I just wanted to share with you an awesome product I tried.)
Photo from Bolthouse Farms website

One of the lifestyle changes I have successfully made in these past 20 months is the significant reduction of creamy salad dressings.  Creamy dressings haven't been 100% banned from my life.  The ranch dressing does get ordered on occasion or maybe some blue cheese dip for my carrots and celery on baked hot wings night.  Other than that, I stick to the tried and true oil and vinegar.  The Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings have been mentioned on several of the blogs I follow and I when I saw it on sale, I jumped at the chance to try it.  (2/ $4.00 at Sprouts the other week).  I picked up the Blue Cheese and Creamy Italian flavors to try.  My first test was Creamy Italian.  Let me just say AMAZING!  To me it tastes exactly like one of my old favorites, Marie's Creamy Italian dressing, which has become a no no in my household.  (Both can be found in the refrigerated section of the produce area.)  You can check out the nutritional information here.  They use only natural ingredients and no preservatives.  I haven't checked the expiration date, but I assume they have a short shelf life.  I haven't had a chance to try the Blue Cheese, but plan on it when we make buffalo chicken salad one night this week.  It was a fun way to change up what has become my usual boring salads.

I also weighed myself on Wednesday morning.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I clocked in at 328.7.  I was over 331 at my final weigh in with the Occupational Therapist a few weeks ago, so I am already doing better.  I am going to make Wednesday's my new official weigh in day.  Mid week weigh in's will be a better behavior control for me than Friday mornings.  Friday morning weigh in meant I would eat out over the weekend and think I still had 5 days to lose whatever I gained during weekend extravagance.

Today is Thursday, and I am going to Slimmons for the first time in weeks.  I missed it so much as well as my friends there.  I am soooo looking forward to sweating and letting you know all about it.

Hope you all are having a happy and healthy day :)

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely look for that dressing this weekend! I get tired of the salad spritzers, too :)

    Found you via Fat Mom's blog and wanted to stop by! Glad you're having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this, lovely lady. Once we hit our goals we'll meet at the Grand Canyon or mall of America or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great!

    I've been looking for a new dressing. I'll totally check this out :D

    ReplyDelete