Background - Hotdiggityblog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

FMM - Girly Stuff

Wow, 2 posts in a row, I am on a roll!  It is time for FMM! 



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com any my blog so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.  Please invite your blog readers to add their links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

My friend, Heidi from Finishing The Hat contributed to this weeks questions.  Be sure to check out her fantastic blog, full of recipes, Adventure Wednesdays and Fashion Fridays.

FMM: Girly Questions
1) Do you like to shop? Yes, I do!  In fact, my husband even enjoys going shopping with me unless it is football season.  LOL!  I am trying to only buy what I NEED and not what I WANT, in an effort to save money.  I also like window shopping.

2) How often do you wear makeup?  I used to wear it everyday, but in the past few years, I started having skin issues and allergic reactions to it, even the hypoallergenic stuff.  Right now, I wear it when I want to feel pretty or if I know I have to take pictures.

3) How do you feel about nail polish? I like it, but I wash my hands so often that it chips or starts showing wear a few days after my manicure.  I sport the natural nail look most of the time and will get my nails polished for special occasions or when I go on vacation. (Like next weekend!)  I will use any color and go mostly for pinks and reds.
4) Do you consider yourself to be a feminist? I guess so.  I am very independent and strong willed.  I think my inner feminist came out when I started watching Mad Men.  The way they were treating the women in that show was appalling and I was thankful I didn't have to live in those times.

5)  What’s your biggest challenge as a woman?   Being pregnant, giving birth and being a mother. 

6) Do you wear skirts and dresses? I would love to but have always hated the way I look in them.  I didn't even consider giving them another try until I started reading Heidi's blog. She has inspired me in her Fashion Friday's .  Her style overall is smart, fun, feminine and flirty. I think she should be my personal stylist ;)   She looks beautiful in her dresses and I hope to find a style that flatters me. 
 
7) How do you feel about high heels? Ewww, no.  They kill my feet.  I am a flats kind of girl.  I have 1-2" heels for work that I rarely wear, but have in case of emergency or if I have to break out the suits.

8.)  Do you subscribe to magazines? If so, which ones?   I used to subscribe to Cooking Light, Weight Watchers, and Entertainment Weekly.  I stopped the subscriptions because I never got time to really enjoy them anymore.  Now I just get the Pottery Barn Kids catalog.  LOL!

9) Do you shave your legs/wax/ use depilatory creams or go au naturale? I shave my legs and underarms, although probably not as often as I should.  LOL!  I am  known to get a bit stubbly.  
I used the depilatory cream on my lip and either pluck or get my eyebrows threaded.

10) What do you like most about being a woman?  Everything!  I love that a woman's body is naturally softer and curvy.  I love boobs (even though mine aren't perfect.)  I love that I can have children and bond with my child in a way that no man can ever understand.

Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And don’t forget to link up. Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I love your last answer especially, I think we really can connect with our children on a deeper level than dads can.

    http://emismom.blogspot.com/2011/07/friend-makin-monday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Stopping by from FMM. I had my eyebrows threaded once and while I must admit they looked amazing afterwards, it was the most excruciating pain ever! I went back to waxing after that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grab your calendar, lady, because we are scheduling a time to go DRESS SHOPPING.

    Also... I'm about to get rid of some clothes, and I think that they might fit you for another couple of weeks. Wanna come play in my closet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered how it felt to get your eyebrows threaded. It doesn't look that fun. Haha. Stopping by from FMM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding out more about the women/men behind the blogs! What a creative idea

    ReplyDelete