Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Working out again and a revaluation of goals.

Let me start off by saying that I had my highest registered calorie burn this past Saturday, Woo Hoo!!!.  I burned 4700 calories.  That was with me taking off my armband once we got home from Disneyland at 8pm.  Yikes and Hooray all at once.  (I still don't know how to post the screen shot of my Bodybugg page, but will figure it out soon, I hope!)  3,600 of those calories were burned during our time at Disneyland (17,000 steps there too) with the rest from sleep, and activity before and after visiting the mouse house.  I was stiff and sore on Sunday, and didn't wear my bugg, but I did do lots of laundry and ran errands.  So the day wasn't totally movement free.

This morning started my new routine of 5 minute meditation followed by exercise.  I did the meditation first, which for me was a lot of deep breathing, eyes closed and trying to push out all the nonsense from my brain.  BOY DID THAT WORK WONDERS FOR ME!  I felt like a new woman.  It also gave me the extra little pep in my step to get through my workout.  I noticed in the past that my am workouts were never as strong as my evening ones, and this was the total opposite.  I am hoping it is due to all the oxygen flowing to my brain beforehand.  I did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone and then the baby woke up.  She likes to have a bottle and cuddle right away, but at least I got in that 25 minutes.  I am going to work late tonight, but am actually hoping to squeeze in another walk tonight when I get home.

During my drive to work, I had a little talk with myself and decided on a new mini goal of 30 lbs.  That is my new focus.  I have to lose this 30lbs to be under 300.  30lbs sounds manageable and I know I can do it this summer so my goal date will be August 31st.  It's approximately 10% of my body weight and the goal date still gives me a 2 - 2.5 pound per week weight loss rate.  Reward?  Not sure yet.  I don't have any material wants or needs right now.  I am thinking maybe a half day off from motherhood or wife duties?  A little R&R time or a nice hike?  Or a quiet beach day, reading and walking in the sand?  Something that gets me out of the house and moving.  Do you have any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. That is alot of calories burned this weekend! Good for you. There are a number of challenges going in blogger world: you may like to join them to keep up your focus. Debbi who blogs at http://debbidoesdieting.blogspot.com/2011/05/slimmer-this-summer-weight-loss.html?showComment=1306266552817#c1074178696496437329 has a great 12 week challenge that is just getting started. Might give you the added umph!

    I always like a pedicure for my rewards. Plus of course, purchasing something in a smaller size!

    ReplyDelete