Background - Hotdiggityblog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

FMM - 2nd week in a row!

I can't believe it.  I am participating in FMM 2 weeks in a row.  Luckily, Kenlie at All TheWeigh just posted the FMM questions as I finished up my last blog post.  I have a few minutes to kill before bed :)

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. I would love to see you all participate and encourage you to post your comments and link on my blog as well.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


FMM: What’s in Your Fridge?

1.)  List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge.
       Milk , eggs, cheese, celery, carrots, cereal (yes, I like my Raisin Bran chilled) and tons of condiments.

2.)  What kind of milk do you drink?
2% for the adults and whole milk for Holly.  I just can't handle the skim stuff yet.

3.) Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? I love the fresh, but eat my fair share of frozen.  Mostly the frozen steamer bags, because it is one less pot/pan to clean and they are quick and easy for weeknight

4.)  What do you currently have to drink in the fridge?
Diet Coke (my mom's), milk and juice (for Holly).  The tea and water is out on the counter because we usually don't have room in the fridge for the pitchers.

5.)  How often do you clean out your refrigerator?
It usually cleans it self out, but every two weeks or so to make sure we don't get any funky smells.

6.)  What’s the healthiest thing in it right now?

Grapes, strawberries, apricots, nectarines, plums, collard greens, spring mix, salad fixins. (We just went to the grocery store on Saturday night.) 

7.)  What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now?  
Full fat cream cheese.   (All the unhealthy stuff is hidden in the pantry.  LOL) 

8.)  What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now?
A full week of lunches and dinners prepared.  lol! 

9.)  How often do you shop for groceries?
Once a week.  We will pick up stuff we forgot or need fresh on the way home from work.  The grocery store is right down the street.  

10.)  What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now?

Nothing weird this week.  The only new item I bought this week was apricots.  Oh, I have a few artichokes that I have to cook tomorrow.  Does that count?

Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions and come back to post a link in the comments section at www.alltheweigh.com and here my comments too! Happy Monday!

14 comments:

  1. I made 2 weeks in a row as well!

    http://www.lifeoffthedlist.com/2011/06/fmm-6-27-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FMM...if you figure out how to have a full week's worth of meals prepped in the fridge without all the work, please let us know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. Cream cheese! I don't know exactly why cream cheese stuck out to me, maybe because I have no had any in so long. Bagel and cream cheese.... how I miss thee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) Stopping by from FMM. Don't think I've been to your blog before so I'll definitely be back to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, I can use a few frozen meals myself. You must post how you make the artichokes! stopping again from FMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chill your cereal! I've never heard of that before - how unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Misty - High five! We did it two weeks in a row!

    Jenn - I am working on that. I think the secret may be involving my husband... LOL!

    Sabrina - I love a bagel and cream cheese! I haven't had one in a long time. I was eating those Bagel Thins when the craving strikes. Not as bad on the waist line.

    Laura- Thank you so much. Glad you stopped by :)

    Patricia - Funny you mentioned the post about Artichokes. I was going to do a whole post on how to prepare and serve. So, stay tuned ;)

    Heidi - Yes, my little brother started doing it and it stuck with me. We also chilled our cookies, but I don't have any at home anymore to chill. Thank god!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw you at All the Weigh and wanted to stop by. My unhealthy stuff is in the pantry, too! I have two bags of potato chips (free from CVS a few weeks ago).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from FMM - I've never chilled my cereal, but if I bake cookies, I'll eat them straight out of the freezer, frozen solid, but won't eat them after they thaw... does that make me weird? ;)

    I've never had artichokes... what would you do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a fan of milk, but if I drink it I drink Skim because it's less milky..;)

    Chilling cereal..interesting concept..might try that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chilled cereal. I'll have to try that!

    Hope you have a great week.

    -Paige

    http://whyiamfat.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/friend-makin-mondays-whats-in-your-fridge/

    ReplyDelete
  12. After reading this, I am going to clean out my fridge! I never know what is lurking in there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the worst at cleaning out my fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man, I would love to have my lunches and dinners already prepared for me...the way I would prepare them, in healthy doses. What heaven it would be! I am a new follower...please follow back! I want to watch your progress! I am working on getting thin and healthy as well, and need supporters! :) I would like to do this by next July so I can look and feel good on my Alaskan Cruise!

    ReplyDelete