Background - Hotdiggityblog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recovery and Weight Loss

Well, the wisdom teeth removal was a success on Friday.  I kept waking up during the procedure, so I was pumped a ton of drugs.  Good thing is, I never felt a thing and that lead to them giving me a good Rx combination to get me through the recovery weekend.  Woo Hoo!

Since I didn't have my occupational therapist appointment on Friday, I decided to have an unofficial weigh in at home pre-surgery.  I weighed in at 328.8, which was an unofficial loss of 3.2 lbs!  Another big Woo Hoo!

The husband, mom, sister and I have had some bets going to see how much weight I would lose while I recovered and was forced to a diet of liquids and soft foods.  So far, I am down another 7.5lbs from Friday's pre-surgery weight.  It would be a dream come true to go back to occupational therapist on Friday for my official weigh in and have skipped the 320's all together.  I am curious to see if I gain back that week I am back to eating a normal, healthy diet, or would I still lose? 
 
Eating has been boring:  applesauce, broth, oatmeal, grits, frozen yogurt, pudding and baked/mashed yams.  I am so hungry for some real food, you have no idea. I just have this urge to chew something!  Not sure how much longer my mouth will be sore and when I can start eating solids again.  I hope not too much longer.  Apparently, I am a bear at home when I don't have proper nutrition.  LOL!

I did some baking yesterday, which was safe, since I can't eat those delicious creations.  I tried out the Pina Colada Cupcakes recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes.  They were a big hit with my skeptical mom and sister.  They think anything "diet" is disgusting and not worth the effort.  I was on a quest to prove them wrong and boy did I pick the right recipe to get them to open their minds up a little more.  Little by little I will get them to realize that healthy eating is not "diet and gross", but delicious and gives you an extra pep in your step.

I hope all is well with everyone! 

7 comments:

  1. ooooh ...ewwwww poor you . sounds like it was sore....what a way to diet! but moving right through the 320s would be fabulous wouldn't it
    Good to hear you are on the mend and nearly eating properly, take care x
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the wisdom teeth are out and you have plenty of drugs to help you through!

    OMG, the cupcakes looks AMAZING! Thanks for posting that website. I'm going to spend hours searching through her receipe box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are starting to feel better post surgery. I've (thankfully) never had my wisdom teeth removed, I can't imagine life without solids! Hopefully you'll be back to "Grown Up" food soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww! I hope your teethers/gums feel better soon.

    Thanks for the pina colada cupcakes post. You just helped me decide what flavor to do for Easter Sunday dinner! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Hope you have a fast healing. How fun to go back with a fantastic weigh in. :-) Lots of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel betta hon. Also when you start eating solids again, from what I've read from juice fasts, etc, they say to not regain, to just reintroduce solids more slowly (this will help your stomach as well.) like continue to have broth and soup and mashed stuff, but add some toast or a light sammich. :) Good luck on breezing through the 20's!

    ReplyDelete