Background - Hotdiggityblog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Disneyland Visit

Our first visit to Disneyland was a huge success.

Baby Holly had a blast.



She did well with the characters, even though the pictures tell a different story.  No tears, or fear when she walked up to them.  Her reaction was more WTF?  But when the character left, she clapped her hands and freaked out.  LOL!





A true measure of a good day.  Nap #2!!


Holly's favorite ride was It's A Small World,(pic below) but she also loved the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.


She even got her rave on for the firework show.  Light up/flashing mouse ears.

We had such a great time, we went ahead and converted our tickets to the annual pass.  Now, we can go anytime we want.  The park is only 45 minutes away. 

We walked, walked, walked, then squatted down a few hundred times and had to pick up and lug around a 23 lb baby in the lines, etc.  At the end of the day, my feet were killing me and I needed to rest.  I took a 45 minute sit on a bench waiting for the fireworks show to start.    The next day, my husband and I were so sore we could barely move.  I think we used every muscle in our bodies.  LOL!  It took a day to recover, but it was worth it.

Eating was okay.  I did indulge in a little theme park food fare, but had planned on doing that.  I did notice a lot of healthier choices for both adult and child meals.  Fresh fruit stands, salads, sweet potato fries, apple slices instead of fries or potato chips, etc.  I can definitely plan a healthy meal next time and eat guilt free.

Calories Burned??  NO CLUE!  I had the Body Bugg charging for the big trip and some time the night before or the morning of, Holly took the Body Bugg off the charger and hid it/lost it.  I looked and looked and still haven't found it.  She must have a new secret hiding spot.  So I have no idea how many calories I burned while at the park, but I am guessing a reasonable 1 billion calories.  Seriously, I weigh 332 + carrying 23 lbs most of the day = 355 lbs moving all day.  That had to get the burn up there, right?  LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome fun! I love the pics! Thank you for sharing the ultimate-cuteness with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took three of our grandbabies in January. We all love that park so much. It is hard to eat healthy. What saved me was bringing in a few snacks. Love the pictures of your girl. I bet she will want to go back again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks sooo happy. What a lovely day, and to live so close to be able to go back...you are lucky
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm alittle jealous that you have Disneyland in your back yard! Not only is it fun for the baby, but a good work out for you. And I would love to work out at "the happiest place on earth".

    ReplyDelete