Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Session #3

I can't believe I am just now getting around to writing this post.  Needless to say I have had a productive weekend and am beat!  

The big news:  I lost 5lbs this week!!!!  Woo Hoo!!  I now weigh 332.2. 

This week's session was nutrition part 2, sample menu ideas.  I didn't learn anything earth shattering this week.  Snack on fruits and veggies, lay off the processed foods, white flour, etc.  A bit of a bust if you ask me. 

I purchased the Clean Eating cookbook this weekend and am loving all the recipes.  I want to make one new recipe each week.  I will have to pick one out and share with you.  I also have fresh artichokes in my fridge and have no idea how to prepare them.  Any ideas?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing five pounds!

    I like to just boil up my artichokes and dip the leaves in butter. Can't do that any more. Darn. Must look into this now. Hope you find some yummy ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the weight loss. I don't like artichokes, but my husband would cut off the stem part and then just steam it, and eat it with lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 5 pounds?!?! That's phenomenal! You are rockin' it!

    As for the artichokes...geez...I don't know. I think I saw someone put olive oil on them and roast them in the oven, but...I also think I saw another chef (Ina Garten maybe) steam them in a pot on the stove....Check with FoodNetwork.com! They'll have videos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYY, way to go! Also, the pictures on FB of Holly are ridiculously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 5 lbs!!! That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing some clean eating recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo! congrats on the 5 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. High 5 girl!!

    I have no idea how to make artichokes... I don't even think I've had them before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous weight loss!
    I adore Artichokes....I cut off the stem boil them until soft to a knife in the underneath, then peel each leaf off and dip into light dressing and eat just the fleshy bit at the tip...when the leaves become too thin, cut off leaves and hairy bits leaving just olive green thick base, slice and dip and eat. Dip can be anything light and fresh. They're fiddly but delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Congrats girl on the loss! I am also interested in clean eating- looking forward to hearing about some of your favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete