Background - Hotdiggityblog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Small Changes Part 2

I have vowed to make small changes to help me adapt a new healthy lifestyle.  I figured by giving myself one small task at a time to focus on, I will make it a "habit".  Once I start doing that task without a struggle or having to think about it, then I consider it a true new healthy habit and I can move on to the next one.

I feel confident that I have been successful with my first small change of keeping myself moving after work by cooking, cleaning, chores, chasing after a naked baby who is trying to escape her inevitable diapering and pj's. etc. I don't get everything done in that time that I want to, but I am keeping true to it.

I am ready to tackle the next small change.  I wrote earlier this week that I wanted to try waking up early in the morning and doing a workout before having to get ready for work.  I haven't made that happen yet because as soon as I declared this, my insomnia kicked in and I haven't been sleeping at night.  (Proof is in the non-fat/sugar free pudding - I have been up since Midnight and am posting this at 4:00am).  I am not giving up on this for sure, but maybe won't make it my next small change challenge focus.  Instead, I had another idea....

I have invested a small fortune in every weight loss tool imaginable, but my favorite by far has been my Body Bugg.  It keeps me moving and motivated to hit my calorie burn target everyday.  I stopped wearing it because of the blisters it was causing on my arms.  Well, I have dusted the old girl off and I am ready to start wearing it again... EVERYDAY!  I will take every body's advice and alternate arms each day to avoid the blisters.  I know from past experience wearing this little miracle device keeps my heine moving all day long.  I am constantly checking my calorie burn count and will not stop until I have achieved my target burn for the day. 

I am excited about this next small change challenge.  Woo Hoo!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I seriously need to get me one of those :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. working on little things has been working for me. Just looking at achieving each day, one day at a time makes is sooo much easier. Good luck! i hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog today and wanted to say hello and wish you success.

    Cathy
    http://42magicnumber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete