Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Habits, Money and Insomnia

I was called out on Facebook by a very dear long time friend who said I needed to check in and start posting again.  (Thanks, Stacy!) 

Usually, when I am hiding from the blog it means I am being a bad girl.  This time, it is half true.  I have been eating chocolate like it is going out of style.  On the plus side, I have been good about not eating out, wearing my body bugg and making my lunches.

So, why am I eating chocolate like it is not going to exist tomorrow?  Because I am stressed out, and a little melancholy.  I don't like to talk about money, but let's just say I have a size able tax bill that will come due in April and it has me upset.  Now, thanks to Uncle Sam and the corrupt state of California, my house hunt will be postponed for a while.  It's not the end of the world, it's a delay, I just hate writing the check.  Another reason why I need a house - tax shelter anyone?  LOL!

On the work front, we are starting our busy season and I am excited.  I like the productivity, and challenges, but it gets my mind racing when I am at home at night trying to relax and hit the sheets.  I go through periods when I have insomnia.  Mostly, when I am stressed out or my mind it filled to the max with to do lists, personally and professionally.  I am going through one of those periods now and haven't been sleeping much.  Holly is also cutting both her top teeth simultaneously, so there is no sleep allowed at night.  In fact, last night, I literally had zero hours of sleep.  I was up late on my own, just busy thinking about work, above said tax situation and possible actions for the future, my mom moving in with us in April, etc.  When Holly woke up.  We stayed up together the rest of the night until about 5am.  The whole time she was crying and fussing.  I hate that there isn't much I can do to take the pain away for her.  We stayed home today and tried to get some sleep, but not much luck, with the gardeners outside.  I feel like I am running on adrenaline.  I hope that I can beat this insomnia bug and get to sleep tonight before Holly wakes up for fussy time.

On the weight loss front: I haven't been weighing myself for fear of what the scale might say.  I haven't been exercising, but my eating habits have improved, with the exception of the chocolate affair 2011.  I have been wearing the Bugg, alternating arms as suggested.  It has made a difference and I am not getting the blisters I was getting before.  I am hoping the next small change is to actually start tracking my food.   

I am still dedicated to this weight loss challenge by 2012.  I do still have my mojo and drive to do it, I just haven't learned how to manage the challenge while managing my daily life.  I let these other stresses, people, demands, etc. take over and haven't made the time for myself.  I am trying.  Slowly but surely, I will get there.  I am sticking to the small changes and will eventually find the balance I need to be successful.

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate is my stress medicine too... Good luck with everything!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are not looking for a lecture, but losing weight may help with your insomnia. Small changes are great, but seeing some drops on the scale can be very motivating too (don't fear the scale!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks buddy! We all love you and are rooting for you through the good, the bad and the ugly. For me, stressing about money, kids, job (whatever) is a direct link to eating bad. Dont beat yourself up over it!!!!!! I had no clue Sylv was coming to stay with you. Is that temporary? Sylv and Patty back together again. Throw in Daniel and Holly and that would make for some great reality tv :) But having grandma around should really help and allow to have a little more balance. We are always here for you. Love you lots and I will call you out again if you go M.I.A. Love and kisses to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good friends. I have been staying away from my blog (yeah, Im a bad girl too lately) and no one said anything.

    Now that my cry for attention is out, I'd like to say I just discovered your blog and am very happy I did. Best of luck on your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete