Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, December 13, 2010

WI - Week 4

Yesterday was my 34th birthday.  Yay!  It was not as fun as I had hoped.  The husband was being a bit of a jackass and Holly was cranky because she is teething.  But, hey, it can't always be perfect, right?  I did go out at around 7pm and bought myself a birthday cake.  It was gorgeous and only $14.  I loved it so much, I didn't even eat it.  LOL!  I think Holly will have a similar cake for her birthday tomorrow.  (Will post a picture later tonight.)

This week was challenging, food and exercise wise.  Why you ask?  Well my sister arrived in Los Angeles on Wednesday to start her month long visit.  As always, her first week of visits means lots of eating out or comfort meals made at home.  I will honestly tell you that I had a terrible week of eating.  I tried my best to keep portions in control, which I think I did okay on.  The problem was the quality or type of foods we were feasting on.  Because she was here, (free babysitting), I was able to take advantage and stay at work late to get some things wrapped up before the holidays.  So exercise was nil. 

On the flip side, I am so sick of these heavy, unhealthy meals, that I declared this week, soup and salad week at home.  I need some raw fruits and veggies, salads and brothy soups to cleanse my system of all these toxins.  I feel dirty inside, if that makes any sense at all.

So, down to the point of the post - Weigh In.  I am supposed to weigh in on Saturday, however, I am also participating in a challenge with one of my Sparkpeople teams and they weigh in on Monday's.  I decided until this challenge is over, I will WI on Monday's. 

Starting Weight:  327.4
Last Weigh In:  323.6
Current Weigh In:  326.2
Gain:  2.6lbs

Two weeks in a row I have posted a gain.  NOT GOOD! 
I was also supposed to have achieved my mini goal this week of -10lbs.  Also, NOT GOOD as I am almost back at my original starting weight.  Uhhhhh.......

What do I have to say for myself?  I let emotional eating take over.  I let comfort eating take over.  I didn't get on the exercise bandwagon except for maybe 3 days these past two weeks.  I am slipping into my usual pattern where I let emotions, stress, and exhaustion dictate how I feed or care for myself.  I can't do that anymore.  I am better and stronger than that.

So what will I do differently this week?  More fresh fruits, veggies, salads, home made dressings, home made soups, etc.  I have a free babysitter for the next three weeks, so I am going to take advantage of it.  Not so I can stay at the office longer, but so I can hit the gym and get my butt moving.  No more sweets, because when I eat them I do bad, bad things.  LOL!

Because of the lack of birthday yesterday, my sister and I are going out tonight to celebrate.  We are going to the movies and dinner.  I know the place we are going to dinner posts nutritional info online so I can choose my salad and soup in advance and not be tempted by the other menu options.  I don't eat at the movies, so I am not worried about that.  The popcorn doesn't appeal to me anymore and I will just buy a giant water bottle.

Ok, after a long rambling post, I guess this should finally come to an end because someone just walked into my office for a meeting.  :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun that your sister is there for the month! Here's to a better week, but I really do think everybody should get a pass for their birthday.

    ReplyDelete