Background - Hotdiggityblog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Balance

BALANCE is something I struggle with on a daily basis and have written about a lot in my old blog.  It is the underlying theme of my life.  I truly believe that if I can find the right balance of home, health, career and personal time, then I would be a happier, healthier and overall better person.  Wouldn't we all?

The big question is how am I going to achieve the perfect balance to make me a successful person in all areas of my life?  I have no idea.  I know that it won't happen overnight, over a few months, or even over the course of one year.  I know that it will take small changes, one at a time.  Developing a realistic routine and sticking with it.  I will also have to do something about my butt being super glued to this couch.  I am beginning to realize how lazy I am when I am at home.  I am embarrassed and disgusted by it.  My husband is even starting to mention it.  He never notices anything and if he does notice, he doesn't usually say anything.  So the fact that he is bringing it up, it must be bad.

I think the first small change I need to make is to get my butt off the couch.  On days off, when I come home from work, my home base is couch.  I will make a strong effort to avoid the couch and keep myself moving.  Whether I am doing evening chores, playing with Holly or getting her settled to bed, I will keep myself busy until there is nothing left for me to do, but relax and enjoy the evening.

Let's see how this goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment