Background - Hotdiggityblog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vegan Hipster for a Day

Good Morning Everyone :)
I seem to have the most peace and quiet at this 3:30am time slot.  I am starting to not mind waking up for this period in the middle of the night so I can catch up on blogs and write my own.  Plus, I have developed a strange addiction to reruns of Who's The Boss on the Hallmark channel.  My body alarm wakes me up in time to play online and settle in by 4am to watch a couple episodes before falling back into dream land. 

TV is one vice I would probably never give up.  Soda on the other hand... 2 days soda sober, thank you. 

My friend from work is a vegan and knows all the great vegan restaurants in LA.  I have been wanting to try them out, so we finally escaped work together and had a great lunch off campus.  She took me to a great Thai Vegan restaurant in LA with lots of hipsters and ultra cool LA people.  (In their opinion of course .. I am cool in my own off beat, odd ball way. LOL)  The food was great.  I had brown rice, mixed vegetables, vegan chicken and a side salad with some sort of carrot and ginger dressing.  The sauces and dressing were so flavorful and delicious but not over powering that it hid the taste of the veggies.  It had a great contrast of sweet and savory between the dressing and the light sauce on the veggies. YUMMO!  The vegan chicken was not bad at all.  The texture looked like chicken and it adapted the flavor of the sauce in the veggies.  I would try it again.  I also tried one of her vegan chicken wings.  Woo, boy, spicy and good!  Looked exactly like a chicken wing and tasted great.  Too spicy for me though. I could only eat one.  I will be going back, but I need the right outfit to mix in with the locals.  Maybe some punk hair, black Hello Kitty  t-shirt and skinny jeans with some hot pink flats.  LOL!

I stopped at Kohl's on my way home from work last night to pick up a new scale.  (Side note:  No one told me how amazing Kohl's is.  This was my first trip and I instantly became a fan.)  I was on my way to Target and saw Kohl's and thought I would give it a shot.  I found a nice scale, $50 on sale for $20.  I figured I couldn't go wrong.  I even took it out of the box there at the store and tried it out before purchasing.  I got on and off it 3 times in a row and it weighed the same each time.  I thought I had finally hit the jackpot.  I got it home and have not had the same reading in a row yet.  I have been on and off that thing 100 times tonight.  I am so frustrated.  I am going to go back to using my old scale for now until I can find the right one.  I really don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a scale.  I just want one that I feel would be consistent from one weigh in to the next.  These others fluctuate so much there is no telling how much weight I really lost or gained. So the saga shall continue.

So the official starting weigh in will occur later this morning when I wake up to officially start my day.  I will have a whole post dedicated to the weigh in, my goals, rewards, etc.  I am so looking forward to it.  (Did I really type that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment