Background - Hotdiggityblog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blisters and freckle rashes, oh my!

First I wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the nice comments.  I just realized that I wasn't getting the email notifications of the comments and they were being published direct.  I didn't know you guys were reading and commenting.  LOL!  I just went back and read all the words of encouragement and great tips.  Thanks so much to you all.  You really do make a difference when you post comments.  I can't tell you how excited I get when I get a comment, or how much it encourages me to continue.  Yay readers! :) 

More info on the Body Bugg blister front...  Thanks to Katie J for giving me some insight.  I do wear the large band, wash it regularly.  The band isn't giving me the blisters, it is the section where the electronic device is pressed against my skin. The device has these little sensor bumps behind it that rubs against the skin and I think those are the sections I am getting these blisters.  I did notice a few times over the weekend it would slip off, so I am not sure that it is too tight either but will definitely adjust to see if it helps.  The only other thing I can think of is my skin sensitivity.  I have what my childhood pediatrician so technically put it, have a "freckle rash".  (Stacy, does that bring back memories or what? LOL).  What is a freckle rash you might ask?  Well, I have super fair skin that is trying to freckle.  The pigment rises to the surface but can't freckle because I don't get enough sunlight.  So instead it forms these little pink/red bumps.  I think these bumps are getting irritated and forming the blisters.  Or it may just be sweat and the combination of the sensor rubbing on the skin while moist is causing the blister?  Not sure, but Katie suggested I join the Body Bugg Facebook group and post the question there.  So I think I will.  I tried to take some pics to share with you, but they came out too blurry.  Will have the hubby take some pics so you can see what I am talking about.  (That is, if the pics are not too gross... LOL)

In other news.... I think the only veggies I consumed yesterday were on my turkey sandwich. :(  I worked late and had a quick bowl of whole wheat pasta and meat sauce when I got home for dinner.  I was too tired to make a salad to go with it.  Tomorrow, I am going to push the fruit and veggies.  In fact, since it is quiet at this 2:00am hour, I am going to prepare my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow.  I also had a very sedentary day yesterday.  If I can get home a decent hour tomorrow night, I think we will go on a family walk.  Holly needs the fresh air and mommy needs the workout.  I couldn't tonight.  I had such a crappy day, that by the time I got home it was 8pm and the only thing at that point that would pull me out of my bad mood was my baby girl and a little Glee.  Didn't get to enjoy much of the Glee, but baby girl was entertaining enough.  Lucky for me, I have DVR so I can still get my Glee on later. ;)

Have a happy and healthy day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get a walk in. My dogs are dying! It's just so cold outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I could help. Hope you find a solution soon.

    When mine was irritating me, I put it on my right arm instead. When I had my first BB it actually was worn on the right arm. I think the thinking is now that it is closer to your heart even though it does not monitor heart rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and that darn fair skin!!! I certainly remember your freckle rash and how you would itch your skin and it would go from glaring white to bright red in like 2 sec. Keep up the awesome work. So proud of you!!!!!!! Attempting to follow your lead and quit soda. Tried it for 30 days before and made it to 22 so I am giving it another go and sticking to my crystal light. Lets see how it goes. KEEP TRUCKIN GIRLFRIEND.

    ReplyDelete